Sunday, March 20, 2016

more sites i saw (facebook versions)

So what happened was this... after a while, I started collecting sites I saw again on Facebook pages... after a while of disappearing from here cuz I was super busy and fell out of the habit of keeping up with this and even stopped my daily wanderings on the web for a while... then, in the latter months of the previous year, i lost my job and had way too much time on my hands... one of the results (of having way too much time on my hands) was these:

Trying to Be Positive
Wide Awake at 4AM
For Nocturnals
Brain Food
Amusements and Distractions
Music to Remember
Material World Stuff
Light Reading
Been There, Saw That
Is This OK with You?
Independent Views
Change America
Stop the Hate
True or False
Decision 2016
Stuff I Want to Remember
Survival Tips for the WWIII Generation
Help
Thank Dog, ma

Now unfortunately for us (and all ships at sea, which includes the aliens in case you didn't know), Facebook ended that brief but extremely annoying (I mean active) spree of uploading links to the multitude of pages I created there because the account I had used on Facebook for almost a decade was blocked or suspended by Facebook allegedly for violating a rule about using pseudonyms... as if there are not a million or more accounts using pseudonyms right now... worst of all, Facebook will not respond so there is no way for legitimate people or businesses to get back their professional or personal material they posted... Facebook owns your identity and whatever you post on the site and can take it away at any time for many reasons and there is no legal recourse because it is a private corporation... for advocates of privatization, that is the risk of too much privatization of your personal life... you let them own you... you become a slave to their whims... sad but true...

So anyway, those pages linked above will be mostly dormant memorials to the wasted time Facebook becomes if you use it and depend on it too much. In other words, get a life.

The pages below are currently active under my new and much less used or trusted Facebook account. A couple of the pages above will see some activity because friends are editors for some and may keep them going. I will be elsewhere.



Bugs Webbot
Ric Candor
Privacy issues
Idea Warehouse
Friends of Bugs Webbot

No comments:

Post a Comment

been there, done that?... whatcha think?